Monday 28 October 2013

Belly - Julia Pott


The artist Julia Pott talks about family bonds in this and her own inner struggles, through strange, awkward characters. To me it is something i can relate to, like how we find something or someone to lover and trust like a toy and loosing that one thing that is close to you. The style is very illustrated with a mix of clean cut shapes and styles with a mix or rough hand drawn textures. The way the characters sink and morphs really appeals to me. the layers and shapes used create a very space like world. I love the rough feel of the work, to me making it feel very personal, although certain aspects would appeal to me more if it was slightly softer or alot more rough in a hand drawn sense rather then fitting some place in the middle of the two.



No comments:

Post a Comment