Friday 18 July 2014

A Tale in the Sting - E4 Idents Research

E4 often have a mixture of there own idents, and often have competitions for the public to create alot of there stings for there channel. There channels main ones often follow a theme, with there recent mascot being a big E4 shaped robot. they have a number of repeating idents, with slight alterations in texts and little surprises within each one to look out for.

I quite liked how it makes using and recycling the same material more exciting, saving alot of time and money. The age range for there channel is young adults and late teens mostly so the idents and stings need to appeal to these audiences, which is why opening up the chance for the young public to create some crazy small animations for the channel to me at least inspires me and makes me laugh, makes me feel more involved in what they are trying to do.



also how they add him and the text into a live action set, reacting to his surroundings, with a dog as a companion, E4 always attempt to make there 'stings' that little bit different, trying to make them funny, sometimes very crudely done and so they relate to the kind of shows the channel airs. 





When doing my own E4 ident i will need to conciser the colours and shapes, making it entertaining and relevant to around my own age range. Making sure i keep into consideration, the style so if i decide to do a stop motion e4 sting like i originally planned, which would mean re-thinking my original set and lighting etc. Or i try to create something on Photoshop. I need to learn to conciser the framing more, and the angles working more on my story boards.



I really do like there mixture of idents, and how they all represent the channel perfectly and what they are trying to get across just each in very different ways.each being usually a very simple funny idea, which is what i struggle with probably, keeping it simple. 




No comments:

Post a Comment